Thursday, September 27, 2007

Free wool yarn!

Wow, I have been blessed sooo much today.
One of the ladies of our needlework guild gifted me with yarn! A LOT of yarn. All of it wool.
I have been seeing the new trend (felting) and I kept thinking, I would never spend that much money on a good quality yarn, just to felt it! But surprise I have wool yarn coming out of my ears.....
I have 400- 1 oz. balls of drab olive fingering yarn, any suggestions on a free pattern?
I would love to try socks but I have only tried 2 needle socks that have to be seamed. They work up easily, but the seams are limiting and aggrivating. Any suggestions on which socks work best(toe up or cuff down)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am a member of Socks For Soldiers, and if you need a great pattern for socks, please go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCKFORSOLDIERS/files/%2A%2A%2ANew%20Member%20Folder/

There you will find info and could help some wonderful soldiers at the same time.