Sunday, February 4, 2007

Disgusted!!

I am very disgusted today. Yesterday I watched people from the State cleaning out a school in my neighborhood. They were throwing everything in the dumpster and they were not allowing anyone to take anything. I managed to talk to some of the former teachers of this school. They were most distressed. They and I cannot believe that the state of LA has sent people to come and throw away the entire contents of this school. Of the 3 floors the bottom had Katrina water, the top had rain water. The second floor almost no damage. And Yet they were throwing out boxes of brand new books, computers, desks, various other materials.
I think this is horrible. New Orleans public schools are crying about not having books and other important materials neccessary to teach. Yet they continue to throw things out.
I talked to one of the men on the crew and he said they have 100 schools to clear out. WHY THROW IMPORTANT TEACHING MATERIALS IN THE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our tax dollars are paying for this.
I as a homeschooling Mom know how expensive these things can be.
I am shocked and saddend to watch the teachers cry about losing these things they need at other schools where they currently are teaching.
I have no more to say I will now go and cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. The devastation from Katrina just seems never ending some days.