Thursday, June 14, 2007

Postpartum depression

Postpartum depression!
Yeah, I admit it! After the birth of my first child, it was very mild. During my second pregnancy it became worse. After the birth of my second child it was horrible. I did not seek treatment, because I did not know I had it. 2 years later, When I miraculously "snapped" out of it. I could put 2 and 2 together.
If you feel any ill will toward you baby or resentment, please talk to your doctor. Don't just muddle through like I did.
My youngest is now 8 years old, and I still feel some guilt about not "wanting" him when he was born. But I wouldn't give up any of my kids, they are my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember another change at this point in your life:>). Isn't this when you gave your life to Jesus Christ?