Sunday, December 31, 2006

My idea for Christmas

Before I took the kids out of public school, I joined CCNG-Crescent City Needlework Guild. This group held meetings on Mondays at Longe Vue House and Gardens. One of the projects that we worked on happened to be baby caps and blankets.
Some of these have found their way to our Children's Hospital here in New Orleans. When I was informed that CH had not had a delivery of caps since before the big bad K, I was shocked.
Well that had me decided that I had to help more. Instead of making things for Christmas gifts, I decided to give out stockings with a note letting people know that a baby cap was being donated in their honor. These will be donated before Monday 2007 I hope. I will keep on making caps and some blankets until my gifts are fulfilled. I probably won't stop there.
I have scoured the internet for patterns. Mostly I just go with my own creation. Some are knit and some are crochet. But all are very quick and cute. I even tried to get my boys to help with a knit machine. That thing needs to go in the garbage. I guess I will have to try the old fashion way and teach them how to do it manually. Why not?A man can knit and crochet too. Some chicks dig this.
Any way, this was the plan this Christmas. I am sorry if someone was disappointed with my choice. But do you really need another scarf, blanket, potholder or slippers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our local Childrens's hospital did this. Is your hospital still collecting? Maybe we can start a "drive" up here to help out!

Petpig said...

Yes, all of our hospitals are collecting.
A drive sounds like a wonderful idea. They need mostly preemie caps,starting at about 8"around, and the smaller incubator blankets,18"- 20" and 20"- 22". Thanks for thinking of it!