Thursday, January 4, 2007

I really miss the ladies of CCNG. Since homeschooling this year, I have not been able to attend meetings regularly. I contacted our editor about our not having a web site, and donations and this is what transpired.

Beth,

We donated some preemie hats and a couple of blankets to Childrens Hospital before Christmas. Gayle was asked if we could make some preemie blankets. CCNG had made many before Katrina. I put the demensions in the Jan. newsletter. Also in the two years before Katrina CCNG had given Ronald Mcdonald House a number ofquilts, two of which they auction at one of their events. I took 3 baby hats, 5 childrens and two adult hats to Ronald McDonald House on December 23rd. I had talked to the donations person when I made arrangements to take the donation from the ANG chapter. She told me they had some families that could use them. You could barely walk in her office a it was so crammed with bags of donated items! Our group are very giving with their handiwork! We have days when we tie quilts members have made the quick and easy way on their sewing machines. Those meetings are alot of fun, alot of laughter. The quilts have gone to several different groups in the past.You should have seen us making preemie blankets! Nita brought her serger, Rhea and Neva brought embroidery machines. Two other members and I cut out blankets, Nita hemmed, Rhea and Neva embroidered a Disney figure on one end and 4 others tied off the threads. A regular production line! We turned out 35 blankets that day, of course Nita had several hemmed before hand and I had cut out five or so at home. We are hoping to have another day like that soon.
Hope to see soon.Lou

Lou explained to me that most of the ladies are elderly and not computer savvy, so they don't feel the need for a website at this time. Maybe we can change that!

On another note I just discovered a new program on HGTV--Knitty Gritty it comes on at 10 central time, you may have to check your area for the listings.

I will keep you posted on the donation info when I recieve it.

No comments: