Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The sweater mistake

With my aversion to measuring or trying things on as I go, I have made a really Huge sweater.
I used one of those pattern generators that you find on the internet. I really don't know what I am doing. It is supposed to fit a size 3 or 4. I don't know what size it is, I think my husband could use it as a boat cover...... realllllly BIG! I thought something was strange when I had to start another "pounder" skein. But not paying attention and just knitting along I really did myself in. Not just BIG.... really really BIG. 95 inches across the Bust..Before adding button strips.
I cannot stress this enough. I thought maybe I would finish it anyway just in case someone might fit it , but I really don't want to insult anyone.
In the end I am going to take it apart and try something else.
I should just stick to quick items like baby caps and blankets.
I still am not sure how this latest blunder came about I guess it has something to do with gauge. I don't need no stinking gauge...LOL . I am too cockey for my own good.

No comments: