Saturday, January 6, 2007

Mardi Gras Again!!!

It's almost Mardi Gras here in New Orleans, Feb 2nd I think. I could just skip the whole thing. Too much chaos for me.
I say this and yet we are going to a parade on Saturday. This depends on the weather of course. This parade should be small, only 12 floats, and we get to hang out with my Mimi. It passes right in front of her house on Metairie Road. Mimi has been a great Aunt as well as a great friend. Of all of the people in my life that make my day better, she is at the top of the list. Next to my Mother of course.
We were blessed to have very generous family members. For 1 month after K we stayed in my Father in law and Mother in law's motor home. She had to have treatment for C so she was elsewhere. But my father in law let us stay with him in the motor home, 2kids, 3 adults, 1 dog. We were very comfortable, all things considered. We all got along well.
When we returned to the N.O. area, Mimi was generous to let us stay at her house.
Even with the over crowding,I was very happy to be there. Quite honestly I did not want to come back to N.O. In the end we did and we survived. Still have a few broken windows that need repairing, but I am not climbing up there. They have to be repaired from the outside, I was told. Sooner or later, Maybe this year.

Enough of that.

Still no letter from Children's Hosp. If you are really curious they have an email
info@chnola.org I do believe.Forward it to the Development Department.

No comments: